This is my own story of life with advanced ovarian cancer. I do not offer medical advice, and my treatment decisions are my own. Please talk to your physician or healer and gain as much information as you can about this dreadful disease called cancer. Remember, knowledge is Power!

Thursday, November 18

Wake me when it's over, please

After running around with my mom all day, this evening I went to TWC for a seminar called Sleep and Dream Health in Cancer Care. I am desperate to sleep so I thought I might learn something about insomnia, sleepwalking, sleepEATING (apparently), nightmares, and all those other sleep disorders I suffer from. I've been waiting all week for this class.

I get there. There are a lot of people there. I sign in. I sit down. The dude starts talking and showing slides. I don't know if it was the old back-in-school atmosphere- with the low lights and the clicking of the slides, but about 10 minutes into it my eyes were crossing and my chin kept slamming down onto my chest. I think I even snored. 

I thought "ohhhh shit. I have to go before I fall on the floor". I gathered my things,and headed out the door. The lecturer calls me out and says "Am I boring you?" I said "No! I've been waiting for this all week! I just can't stay awake long enough to hear it, but if you've got a couch nearby where I can sack out, I'll gladly stay". Some trooper I am, huh?

I came home and made some soothing chamomile and lavender tea. Now here I am on the fucking computer because I'm wide awake. I can't win.

1 comment:

  1. oh nooo - I was hoping for some tips on SLEEPING too.Can't he just send you a powerpoint or something? ;)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Love,
Pateeta