This is my own story of life with advanced ovarian cancer. I do not offer medical advice, and my treatment decisions are my own. Please talk to your physician or healer and gain as much information as you can about this dreadful disease called cancer. Remember, knowledge is Power!

Monday, March 15

Suck it up, Buttercup

Okay, so I guess I'm not dying right away. Good thing, cuz I'm not ready yet. Pity party over.

CT results are "looking good" mid-chemo, meaning that no new stuff is showing up, and some old stuff isn't there any more. SAA-WEEET!!! Got started back up with chemo today (Topotecan and Avastin). I'll do another 3 months with that, but I gotta admit it was really nice being off for these past few weeks. I was almost back to humanoid.

As soon as the chemo kicks in I'll be back in the bubble, (not the same as chemo-brain) but that's okay- I know that place, and it only lasts a few days at a time. It's the rabbit hole I'm afraid of. My oncologist tells me that there are a lot of good things happening with Avastin. I hope so.

Thanks to my peeps for keeping me going. You know who you are.
Big love,

3 comments:

  1. I am here if you want to vent..

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chemo... in short it sucks.. but I am sure you know that.... Being mad... works! makes you stronger to fight...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take "some better" and "no new shit" any day! Keep lookin up sistah, it's you n me and we gotta do this! Plus, with everyone assuming we're super hero's n all, we can't let 'em down ;p
    Keepin' at it right by your side.
    xo,
    shanny

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Love,
Pateeta