This is my own story of life with advanced ovarian cancer. I do not offer medical advice, and my treatment decisions are my own. Please talk to your physician or healer and gain as much information as you can about this dreadful disease called cancer. Remember, knowledge is Power!

Sunday, February 14

Back in the Bubble

The Bubble is where I live after chemo. It's all in my head; the dizziness, the nausea, the feeling of being pumped too full of liquid, or like an overfilled helium balloon with the top of my head trying to float off. It's like riding the merry-go-round for too long. I need to remember to tie my head down.

Tomorrow will be infusion 3C at Club Chemo and I will be halfway done with treatment (again). I saw my PCP last week about the ringing in my ears, nosebleeds, insomnia, and the fact that I'm losing my mind. He told me I'm pretty much SOL about the tinnitus (ringing), there isn't really anything that can be done. I figured they could just bong me with a tuning fork and re-set something. Guess not. (I'm sure a bong wouldn't hurt, though)

The nosebleeds could be from the dry air, or maybe because my nose constantly runs while I'm on chemo and I've just worn a hole in my septum with all the wiping and blowing. Either way, it hurts like hell and will bleed at the most random times; at the grocery store, while driving, or walking the dog. Hopefully, it won't get any worse or we'll be talking about cautery. Inside my sinuses.. Lord help me.

As far as insomnia and extreme anxiety go, I'm trying out some new meds. We'll see how that goes.

2 comments:

  1. You n me baby. All the way!!! I love you. But you know that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LMAO about bonging you with a tuning fork:-) Sorry you have to deal with all that crap. Although, if you were able to time the nosebleeds, you might be able to make a small fortune in personal injury lawsuits:-)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment!
Love,
Pateeta